Being invited to speak at a business event is an honour and if you are able (and want) to accept the invitation the following is a sample letter you can use to reply.
If you cannot or don’t want to attend, then use this sample letter declining an invitation to speak at an event.
Contents of the event invitation reply
- Start by thanking the person who invited you
- Mention the title of the event
- Mention the date, time and venue to confirm you have the correct information
- Confirm if you accept their terms i.e overnight accommodation / tickets to other activities on the day etc
- Request any equipment you will need during your talk
- Close the letter with a personal touch
Letter accepting an invitation to speak at a business event – sample 1
[Your Business Address]
Dear [Name of letter writer]
Thank you for your letter inviting me to speak at you conference / event on [date] at [venue] on the subject of [name the subject you have been asked to speak about].
I am delighted to accept your invitation, and confirm that I shall require [overnight accomodation / meal /tickets etc].
I will require [equipment needed] for my presentation and hope this can be made available for me.
I look forward to meeting you and other members of your business / society /organisation again at your conference and wish you every success.